The site of the Wayland Mill (c. 1953) is now home to Ivar’s Salmon House. Owner Ivar Haglund purchased the site in 1966 and built his floating restaurant soon thereafter.
Wayland Mill Company had locations along Lake Union and the ship canal. It produced Bungalow Brand cedar shingles before World War II.
In 1932, the Seattle Times published an article extolling the Mill’s activity during Great Depression and its ability to keep running.